Friday, February 1, 2008

What a Week! Slow and Quick at the Same Time!

Well this past week was painfully slow at work and extremely quick in life. I actually had 3 evenings at home where I didn't have to drive anyone, anywhere. I spent my time knitting of course!

I did quite a bit of knitting ...I finished my Jacobean socks. I like how they turned out, however they are a bit large for me so I think I will give them to my daughter Sydney. She has been harassing me for them anyways.

I managed to get the second week's schedule of rows done for the Civil War Shawl. It is surprising simple and I am really enjoying it. Della and I have decided that we are going to do it at pretty much the same pace. That way we can cheer each other on! I am trying to knit a few rows on a regular basis so that I can keep to the schedule.

I also started the Socks of Kindness in Lorna's laces Shepherd Sock Amish colourway. I LOVE this yarn. It is wonderful to work with and so soft!. I think I am keeping these.

Today was a snow storm from hell. Work at my store was so slow that I knit for part of the day. I saw 5 people all day. Even my dog slept in his bed under his blanket!


IT ARRIVED!!!

I joined the World Yarn Swap a few weeks ago, however I was too late to do it with the group so I met a Wonderful Irish woman who said that she would swap with me on the side. We chatted back and forth a few times. I sent her my package this past Monday and she received it on Thursday and...well GUESS WHAT I got my package today! When the mailman came into my store, he was holding my package. I nearly pushed him over to get it. I can't thank Mairin enough.

The yarn is beautiful and the extra goodies are great! I want to knit the sock yarn up next. The sock yarn is Colinette Jitterbug in Kingfisher colourway. The other 2 beautiful skeins are Kilcarra of Donegal. It is an Aran tweed in a very rich purple colourway. It is wonderful and soft. The chocolate bar will be enjoyed later with my tea and tote bag will be put to good use! Thank you so very much Mairin! It has been fun swapping with you. I hope we can do it again! What a great First Swap!

1 comment:

Máirín said...

Hi Wendi,

I love seeing your photos of the swap! I'm so glad you liked the parcel, it was great fun swapping.

Mairin