Tuesday, January 29, 2008

On My Way!

Well I started the Civil War Shawl! I finally got up the nerve to give it a go. I did not use the DPN's for the beginning. I give up. I don't use them well AT ALL! In fact it was a disaster. I used the magic loop method and I'm okay with it. I have completed the first 35 rows. It looks cool, I am loving the yarn from Sarah's Yarns. It is very soft and I love the Slate colour. I figure if I follow the set weekly schedule then I may have a chance of finishing it this century!


I also finished the socks for my father. The ones that I ran out of yarn for. I finally found another ball at my LYS. He likes them and they fit well.


I started the Socks of Kindness yesterday. I am using Lorna's Laces sock yarn in the Amish Colourway. I absolutely LOVE this yarn! OMG, I don't know why I waited to use it! It is SOOO soft and beautiful. I will definately put this yarn on my TO USE AGAIN list!



This past week we, the Knitter Piper and I, went to a knitting group meeting. We had fun it was at a local bakery and cafe. We arrived around 6:30 - 7ish and started talking, knitting and laughing. We mey some really nice people and I think we will continue to meet with this group.

Oh well I will keep this post short and sweet. I have things to do (knit!), places to go (LYS) and people to see (fellow knitters!)



Happy Knitting!

No comments: