Sunday, January 13, 2008

What do you mean 1 ball is not enough to make a pair of socks?!

I bought a ball of On Your Toes DK sock yarn to knit a pair of socks for my father and I have run out! OH NO!!! The socks are about 3/4 of the way done. I really like the colour and the weight of the yarn. It is a brown, grey and black colour and is soft. Now I have to wait until my LYS orders more yarn! They only had 1 ball in each colour, and they are not sure exactly when they will be placing another order...so I wait...



Today is the day that our Highland Dance studio is having their Christmas Ceilidh. The original date was the big snow day in December and it was cancelled. My daughter and I are dancing in it this afternoon.. I figure the delay just gave us more time to practise! LOL I will let you know how it went in the next few days.

I am hoping to cast on another pair of socks tonight. I want to try a toe up sock in the Jacobean pattern. However I am NOT comfortable knitting toe up, so I may do them top down. I will decide when I start! I am going to try them in a lovely fuchia coloured sock yarn. It is Socka brand from Austria. It's very soft...



Last Thursday my friend, Della, the Knitted Piper and I went to a Meet up for the Burlington Knitters group. We met at a local pub and had an enjoyable time. Met some interesting people and learned a few things. The group is going to try to meet twice a month so it should be nice...

We also joined the Civil War Shawl Knit along. It is a beautiful large shawl that we decided to try. We ordered the yarn from Sarah's Yarns online and are patiently awaiting it's arrival so we can start. We are going to be a bit behind the group but we are okay with that!

Well I have to go and get ready for the Ceilidh...I have to celtic step dance my way to fame! LOL

No comments: