Sunday, January 20, 2008

It's DONE!!!


I finally finished and blocked the Shetland Shawl and it looks great! I am very happy with how it blocked. I was a bit worried since I had done it in some mystery yarn. (acrylic blend I think). But I did some research online and found out that if I pinned it down and steamed it , it may work and it did! I don't know who it is for yet but I'm sure someone will like and appreciate it.



I had an onlooker for part of my blocking effort this morning.

I have also been working on the Jacobean Socks. They are coming along. I am almost finished the second pattern repeat on the leg. I decided to do them top down unlike the pattern which is toe up. This pattern is an easy, straight forward one. I like how they are turning out. The yarn is soft and nice to work with and I LOVE the colour.

This week I joined the World Yarn Swap. Well not really, I was too late signing up and apparently so were a few others and rather than miss out on taking part another lady and I decided to do a swap outside of the group. I will take part next month "officially" but for now my partner Mairin is very nice. She is from Galway in Ireland and we seem to have a few projects in common. We have been in touch via email a few times and are deciding on what type of yarn we are looking for. It really is exciting and fun. I am going to go out this week and see if I can find some unique Canadian yarn for Mairin. And she is doing the same with Irish yarn. I can hardly wait!

I am impatiently awaiting for the yarn to arrive for the Civil War Shawl. Now that the Shetland Shawl is complete I am REALLY excited about starting this one. I hope it arrives this week from Sarah's Yarns. They have assured me that it is on it's way!

I have also decided that I would like to try knitting a few Christmas stockings for next year. I saw them on Sunneshine's blog http://sunnelite.blogspot.com/. She has done a BEAUTIFUL job and has inspired me to give one a try!
Wish me luck!

WE ROCKED!

Last Sunday was our Highland Dance studio's Christmas Ceilidh. It was postponed in December due to a huge snow storm. I twas alot of fun. There was tonnes of food for everyone and the highland dancing, piping and singing were great! We even did a gift exchange between Dancers..this is what I received from my Secret Santa...


It's a Beautiful ceramic ornament that says "Merry Christmas" on one side and "Pipe Dreams" on the other. It is also in our dance Studio's tartan, MacLeod of Lewis. My Secret Santa picked the perfect gift for me as I collect unique ornaments!

No comments: