Blender socks. These are knit using leftover bits of blue yarn that I had from the many pairs that I have knit over the years. They started out being for DH but I used a 2.25mm needle on them and they wouldn't go over his instep....OOOPS, they are now mine! I really like them. I found that using the 2.25mm needles the knit fabric is very sturdy, and I love the way the yarns mingled together. It looks like it is one yarn only!
I really love this pattern however, these will be my last pair of Blenders for a while. I have a few skeins of gorgeous yarn that I want to knit with next. The next pair is definately for DH, since I messed the last pair up! I bought some Cascades Heritage Handpainted yarn in the colourway 'Thunder'. This is not a great picture...the colours really do remind me of a thunder storm!
DH is looking forward to these ones! I am not sure of the pattern for them yet, as DH won't wear anything to fussy. But I think this yarn deserves more than just a ribbing on the socks.
On the Durrow Sweater front. OMG! I don't know what I am doing wrong but there is DEFINATELY something happening there... I knit the front and back without a problem, but then who can't knit a 4 x 2 rib...LOL.
NO... my problem is with the sleeves and the wandering cable that is on them. I knit the first chart 18 rows and I thought there was something a little off. I looked on Ravelry at the other projects and my sleeves did NOT look like theirs. So I called my Durrow Guru, Beth, because she has made this sweater before. I stopped by her place on Wednesday and she had a look at it and...Yep, I was right...there was something wrong! Well she frogged it....no she RIPPED it back and highlighted the chart and sent me on my way with her DH's sweater so I could SEE what it was supposed to look like. I thought this was a great idea. I get home and start again...DH is sitting next to me, happy that I am working on his sweater again. I followed the pattern to the symbol, exactly, there was NO WINE involved, I swear, nothing! Just me, the chart, needles and the yarn. I get to row 10 this time and I look at it....OMG!!!!!!!! Again there is something wrong...so I put it away, poured a glass of wine and called Della. She told me not to touch it till she saw me 2 days later and she would have a look at it.
Fast forward to Friday evening....I see Della....and YEP! I did something wrong! She RIPPED it back this time...and since it was late and I was very tired we decided that I would leave it till I see her later today so she can Watch me knit the cable. She thinks that maybe I am twisting something. I don't think I am but then if I was doing it right I wouldn't have had to RIP it out twice!
So here I sit waiting for Della to arrive...