Wednesday, March 25, 2009

It Never Fails To Amaze Me....

How my body decides to give up when I have a day off! I have been sick AGAIN! It started on Sunday with a tickle in my throat, then by Sunday evening I had it pretty much full on...Monday was a bad day at work for my nose. It ran away...and then yesterday (my day off) I felt like crap. My body ached, my head was stuffed and I was coughing and sneezing. Then low and behold ...today I am back at work and feeling MUCH better. What's with that...?

On the knitting side...

I have been working on DH's Durrow sweater. I have the front and back completed and am working on the cabled sleeves. But I think I have done something wrong as it doesn't look quite like the rest of the projects on Ravelry. I have asked a friend, SPALC, to have a look at them since she has already finished this sweater for her DH. So hopefully I am just seeing things (since I have been sick) and I don't have to frog them out and start over again but if I do I want to do it soon since I only have about 4 inches done.

I am also working on the toe of the Blender socks in blue. WOO HOO I guess there are a few good things to being sick...I knit them all day yesterday. Well I knit them and napped! I should be finished this evening. I will post pictures tomorrow (hopefully).

On the basement reno side...

We got the panelling and trim up. It is not perfect but looks a whole lot better. We still have quite a bit of work to do but we are on our way. The tasks that we have left are to lay the wood floor, put trim on the floor between the carpet and wood floor, put the baseboard on, paint it all, have the gas stove hooked up and then re-stucco the top part of the wall.

Before we can lay the flooring we have to move the old wood stove...I swear it weighs a tonne. I can't lift it with DH. We need another body and DS & DD are really not the bodies to use. I may have to get my brother to come over and give us a hand. Maybe I will get him to come on the weekend so we can get it done!
The floor we are putting down is only going to be in the foot print of the previous hearth area. It will be butted up to the carpet. The wood we have for that area is an exotic hardwood. It is about the only thing exotic in my life! I am very much looking forward to having it all done. I really miss the woodstove but a gas one will be even better as I can just flick a switch to have it start. I was never really good at chopping the wood, and lighting the fire!
Hopefully the next time I post it will all be done....(are you going to hold your breath?)
Happy Knitting!





No comments: