Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Grad, Prom and Knitting, of Course!

Today is Tuesday...I am not feeling very creative but I thought that I should probably update my blog!

Quite a bit has actually happened since I last blogged.

DS has been to Prom in May and the Grad Dinner and Dance the other evening. He went with the same girl to both events. She is a friend of his. They had a good time at Grad and a funny time at Prom. Grad is run by the teachers and school and Prom is run by the students....One had supervision and the other...not so much! There were apparently kids at Prom totally smashed...so much so that their limo ride home left! Not my kid...he drove my vehicle and was responsible. So were his immediate friends. I was very proud of them!
Here is a picture of DS dressed for his Grad Dinner and Dance. He is turning out to be a good looking, responsible person. (well almost!)

This is DS & his date for Grad D & D

This is DS and his date for Prom. They look really cute together!

On the knitting front...I have been working on the Mr. Greenjeanssweater for me! I am using Cascades 220 in the Ruby colour. The picturee is really off with the colour. It is a deeper cooler red. I love it.

I am to the point wehre I have to decide if it is long enough for me so I decided to wait till tomorrow's Knit Night to get some opinions from the Sketchy Girls!
Hugs & Kisses Socks....I FINALLY finished them for DH. I started them back in April but ran out of yarn as DH has wide feet. I emailed a few people on Ravelry and got 2 responses ffrom people who were willing to send me their scraps of the same colour yarn. Man! I LOVE Ravelry for things like that. There are some Wonderful Knitters out there who are willing to help you even if it is just with a scrap of yarn! Gotta love knitter!
The Socks were knit using Cascades Heritage Paints yarn in the Thunder colourway using 2.5mm Addi's. I modified Cookie A's, Milo pattern from her new book, Sock Innovation. I only used the back X & O ribbing from it. The rest of the sock is plain ribbing. They fit DH really well.

I also started the Sock Wars sock pattern Insidious. I like it alot and was tempted to give it a try as my killer socks but decided that I wasn't up to the challenge of the left and right socks being different. So I started it the other day! I am using a semi solid yarn from Knitpicks. It is Kettle dyed fingering yarn in the gold colour. I will post pictures later if I get a chance.

Tomorrow evening is my Sketchy Knitting Night. I am really looking forward to it! Ilike getting together with the girls, we talk, knit and laugh!

Well that is about all for now.

Happy Knitting!

2 comments:

Spalc said...

I forgot to tell you - the sleeves on Mr. Greenjeans are really two socks. You can do them at the same time on one needle like socks. Makes it go so much faster!

vivian said...

DS cleans up well!