Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Knitting and More...

I have been knitting quite a bit lately. It helps when you get the kids up for school at 6:30am and don't have to get ready for your own work till 8 am. My kids are old enough to do it all for themselves (except for wake up!), DD is 15 and DS is 17. So I take that time to knit each morning. I really look forward to that time each and every day! Unfortunately I have no pictures today. I will post them when I get a chance.

I finished the Happy Socks that I was working on. They were knit using Madelinetosh yarn in the Beach Towel colourway. I received the yarn from the WoolGirl Sock Club but was not a fan of the pattern so I used the yarn for this one. This is only the second time I have knit with Madelintosh and I have to say that it is a fantastic yarn. It is soft yet knits up into a sturdy fabric.

I have been knitting some really quick projects lately. I have made a few coffee mug and hand warmers. My DS loves his. DD even knit a couple for her friends for Christmas.
I have also knit a pair of Irish Hiking wrist warmers for a gift as well and I'm working on another set. I have a few hats that I need to get done but will let DS pick out the pattern for me.

In the meantime I am knitting DH a pair of socks. The yarn is Sheldridge Farm and the colours are Toasted Allspice and Chili powder. I am going to make the toes and heels in the Chili powder colour and the main sock is Toasted Allspice. I want to try the afterthought heel. The sock is just a 4 x 2 rib...nothing too exciting . The yarn is from the Simply Sock Yarn Company Heels and Toes sock club that I joined. I am using a 2.5mm needle and the sock is knitting up very firm. I think it will last a long time. I know it is taking a long time to knit them as DH has size 11 feet!

That's it for now. I have to get ready for my knitting get together this evening.
Happy Knitting ....pictures to follow.

2 comments:

A :-) said...

Oh - don't you love the Irish Hiking Scarf and Wrist Warmers? I have make a bundle of both - they make great presents and they work up so quick!

Anonymous said...

I think I need a wake up call so I can knit before work!