Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Where Has The Time Gone!

I can't believe that it has been more than a month since my last post. Where has the time gone. School will be starting in less than 2 weeks! WOO HOO.

A few weeks ago a group from my knitting group went to the Toronto Stitch and Pitch. The game was good and the Jays won in the bottom of the 9th inning, too bad we left at the bottom of the 8th when they were losing to catch the train home. We even made the evening news. We went to the big city early and went to a few yarn stores, Romni being the big one! OMG what a place! It really is overwhelming, beautiful and full of yarn, but definately overwhelming. I don't know that I could go there with out a project in mind. I wouldn't know where to look. The train ride home was the best! We had a BLAST. I don't think I have ever laughed as much as that ride home! Beth, Della, Kirsty, Kirsite and Sydney. Thank you ladies for making my trip to the big city a great one!
DH and I had a few days off the begeinning of August and we went to Bass Pro Store in Toronto. I always like to go there. They have alot of great storage cases in the fishing department. THIS beautiful statue is out front of the store and I just HAD to get a picture of him! In case you didn't know I am a lover and collector of anything moose! I told DH that I want this guy for my backyard! He thinks I am nuts!

On the knitting front. I have been busy. I knit 2 Baby Alligator scarves. One is a Christmas gift and the other was a just because gift.

I finished the Nine to Five socks that I was knitting. they are knit from Madelinetosh sock yarn in the Umoja colourway from Wool Girl. This has to be the best yarn to knit with. It is so soft and almost silky. It is now one of my favourites.

I finally finished my Feather and Fan Cardigan. I put buttons on it and blocked it. I have never been more disappointed with a sweater in my life. It stretched out SO much that I can't wear it! The only one it would fit has to be the size of an elephant. I even contacted the manufacturer of the yarn I used to see if there was a way to shrink it, but alas they said there was nothing I could do with out damaging the yarn. So I decided to frog it and knit the Printed Silk Cardigan from the Spring 2008 Interweave Knits magazine. I think it will be a better sweater because there is no lace pattern in it. It is the same look and style as the Feather and Fan which is what I want. I went back to the yarn store where I bought the yarn and explained the problem to her. She contacted the powers that be and they are taking my sweater from me and exchanging the yarn for me. They said that it shouldn't have happened and that they want a happy customer. So I have decided to knit the next sweater in Baby Bamboo as it has a bit of wool in it. I was so surprised that they would do that. I was sad to see my sweater go but happy to get started on the next one!

DD is still working on her BSJ for her friend. She has been traveling this summer. She was camping with her youth group up in Temagami for a week, then off to a friends cottage in Muskoka for a few days, now she is off the Freeport, Bahamas to visit her father for 2 weeks. She flew out of Buffalo last weekend and will be returning on Labour day weekend. School starts the Tuesday after she gets home and then that next weekend, she is off to a Highland Dance competition in Ligoner, PA. She is the only 15 year old that I know who travels that much!

We also in the last month, moved MIL into a condo. We have been getting the house ready to sell. It has been quite a task. They were in that house for over 40 years.

I have started another pair of socks. I am doing them in a 4 x 2 ribbing in some self striping yarn that I picked up in my travels. I can't remember the name. I started them for DH but when I was getting ready to turn the heel he went to try them on and he can't get them over his arch, so now they are for someone else! (I don't know who yet.) Someone will look in their mailbox one day and find a pair of socks. It worked out great last time. I will knit him another pair, only this next time I think I will use a DK or sport weight yarn and a larger needle.

I have also, in the meantime, started the Corset Tank Top by Anne Modesitt. I am using Estelle's 100% Silk Yarn. It is starting to look nice. I have finished the lace portion and am just past the armholes.

I am also PATIENTLY awaiting the next Sock Club parcel from WoolGirl. I have heard from people on Ravelry and from the sock club blog that it is amazing...I can hardly wait for mine to arrive!

Well I think that about catches me up for the last month. I have my knitting group this week. I am looking forward to it. Hopefully I won't be as long between posts.
Keep on Knitting!

1 comment: